Want to make a personal and unique photo mug? Then sublimation is a good option. Sublimation is a technique where a photo is transferred to an object using heat and pressure. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make a photo mug with Canva.
- A white sublimation mug
- Sublimation paper
- Sublimation printer
- A sublimation press
- Choose a photo. The photo should be in high resolution so that the details are clear. You can use your own photo, or you can download a photo from the internet.
- Design your mug. Open Canva and create a new design. Choose a background color and add your photo. You can also crop or rotate the photo. Down below is the link to my youtube tutorial to help you step by step
- Print your design. Print your design out on sublimation paper. Make sure the photo is printed in the correct direction. If you use text in your design don’t forget to mirror
- Sublimate your design. Place the sublimation paper, print side down, onto the mug. Then place the mug in the sublimation press. Set the press to the correct temperature and pressure. 360 degrees and 180 seconds
- Let the mug cool. Remove the mug from the press and let it cool. I use a bucket of water to cool the mug.
- Make sure the mug is clean and dry before sublimating the design.
- Follow the instructions of the sublimation press.
After following these steps, you will have made a unique photo mug. You can use the mug to drink coffee, tea, or other beverages. The photo will last for years.
Sublimation is a fun and easy way to make your own unique photo mug. With Canva, you can easily create a design and with a sublimation press, you can transfer that design onto a mug.
I hope this is helpful!Tags: Crafts, creative, cricut, diycraft, DIYgifts, diymug, diyproject, handmade, mugdiy, mugmaking, scanncut, tutorial